Friday, July 4, 2008

Eateries in Taiwan: New York Pizza

8, Alley 54, Lane 118, HePing E Rd, Sec 2
(02) 2738-4747
Hours: Mon-Sat 11:30 am- 9:30 pm, Sun 12-8 pm
Credit cards not accepted. No service charge.
www.thenewyorkslice.com

In honor of Fourth of July, my friends and I decided to have New York style pizza for lunch. So where in Taiwan can we get a slice of New York style pizza? Well, New York Pizza of course! New York Pizza sells their pizza by the slice; a slice of pizza will set you back about $75 NT (less then $3 US). I ordered the Larry's Favorite (which is basically Hawaiian style with ham and pineapple) which cost $95 NT. My friends ordered the Brooklyn (pepperoni, sausage and ham) which cost $115 NT. My pizza was actually pretty good. The crust was thin all around and crunchy at the edge. The pineapple tasted fresh (as opposed to canned). Ham didn't disappoint. Overall, a good slice of pizza.

After dinner, went to watch "Sex and the City" (it's all about New York today). I know there were a lot of bad reviews but I don't care; I like it. I thought it was a good movie with a good closure to the entire TV series. What really touched my heart was how Charlotte, Miranda, Samantha, and Carrie stuck with each other through their ups and downs, always sharing their grievances and joys. After all, wasn't this the central theme of "Sex and the City"...friendship?

Anyways, Happy Independence Day!

No comments: